Here at Denver Horror Collective—our frighteningly talented group of horror writers and artists in and around the Mile High City—we believe in the motto: write locally, scare globally.
Which is why we’re all shivers to announce our Indiegogo fundraiser for Terror at 5280’, our horror fiction anthology due out this fall, with stories set around the greater Denver metroplex and Front Range Rocky Mountain communities, all penned by Colorado authors!
What authors, you may ask? Well, how about:
- Bram Stoker Award-winning horror master, Stephen Graham Jones
- USA Today and #1 Denver Post bestselling thriller author Carter Wilson
- Hex Publishers owner, editor, and author Josh Viola
- Foreword by John Palisano, author and President of Horror Writers Association
- Various Denver Horror Collective members
- Other Colorado-based horror fiction writers
The print and e-book anthology will run about 250 pages and include roughly 20 stories (the editorial team has already made its selections and is currently editing). Some tales are based on local folklore and urban legends, while others touch on social and environmental themes relevant to the area, such as gentrification, substance abuse and…zombie deer.
As with everything at Denver Horror Collective, Terror at 5280’ is a group effort. So, if you love horror fiction, indie publishing, and/or local arts, will you make a contribution to our Indiegogo fundraiser today!